Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hexagram 59.2.3. to hexagram 53

Hello, forum.
    My recent reading regarding my relationship (we're engaged and living together for some 8 months now) gave me the following hexagram - 59.2.3. changing to 53, and I'm perplexed. My question was "Is there some sort of danger that I should be careful about", because I have this overall feeling of insecurity and broken trust since my fiance cheated on me and of course denied everything. Everything started falling apart, actually it was like a thunderbolt to my heart, since now I doubt his intentions in this relationship. I couldn't put my finger to it, but I had a feeling that it was his surroundings that are bad influence and giving him support for bad things that he did, and that now I sense some "danger" in believing him, and it's necessary if I wish to continue this relationship. Actually I love him very much and I would love this to last, but I don't know if I'm being cheated or not. I asked so many different questions to the IChing regarding this and nothing went to my mind and heart because I don't really know how to read it, and besides, I always did the castings when I was super nervous and anxious. Also, after some long introspection and relaxation, an answer, although not very firm came to my mind. Perhaps it was also me who added fuel to the fire because of my focus on him, and not myself, and not reacting to when it was needed...Usually I'm not a paranoid person, but he pushed my buttons on several occassions so badly that I had no other choice than to become neurotic about some issues.

So, this reading says something about egoism and everyone getting what they want in the sense of dispersion? But it continues to change to Gradual Progress. What do you think, what is it that the IChing is telling me? Should I relax and forget about all that or is there something to my "paranoia"?

Hello morena, welcome to the forum.

You have asked about danger. Hexagram 59 shows how to cross the danger, the lower trigram represents water and also danger, and the upper trigram wood, but also wind so it can figure a boat. The boat can be used to go away and this is how we cross danger, or it can be used to go to the other and this is how we end separation.

For 59.2.3, the comment I have recieved is this: One receives proposals which have the merit of being sincere.

So the danger is clearly a competitor. You see that it transforms into 53 which would mean that your fiance would leave you for someone else.

As always there are alternative interpretations. For example that the danger would be to marry him. But if you look at the top line and amend it with the bottom line (pivot method) you get this:

One can return to one's family because one did not have time to take care of one's own.

One asks one's relatives to watch the mess they have caused.

I have translated this as family but you can read "close ones" instead. The danger is that he meets someone closer to him than you (ideas, likes, etc...)

Comment

So, he IS cheating on me, or it's his friends that fit better into his life and I don't?

Comment

Or, it's best to walk away?

Comment

You have asked "Is there some sort of danger that I should be careful about", so you should be careful about that, it does not mean that it already happened. Sometimes we meet like-minded people and that changes our views entirely. However, before it happens you can work to get closer to him, by sharing his interests and befriending his friends for example. The Yi Jing can help you with that.

Comment

We already share a ton of interests, we have a company together, we fit almost perfectly together if you look from that perspective.
            I will cast a reading now regarding that which you advised...
            What can I do to circumwent that danger in our relationship to make it work?
            The cast told me: 6.2.3. changing to 33, retreat.

Comment

Well, it looks like it is about moving away before it happens. When someone meets his/her soulmate there is nothing much we can do but watch because they adapt to the other effortlessly.

Comment

So, it's that bad...

Comment

Perhaps it is you who is going to meet your soulmate?

Comment

I doubt it.

Comment

We all have one.

Comment

Working...
                      X