Yi Jing Reading 30.3 (30>21) about career

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yi Jing Reading 30.3 (30>21) about career

Hello. I would like some help to interpret this result as for my career in music. My question was simply "Will it be possible for me to make a living with music?". I didn't understand the answer that much, but I kinda felt that it was an yes at all costs but I have to be patient and calm like a cow in a field. Can anyone help me?

Hello, welcome to the forum.

30.3 is the reciprocal (the hexagram upside down) of 30.4. With 30.4, someone wants to go fast, but is rejected and burns out. So, 30.3 is the reverse situation, you don't have to fear burn out and rejection.

However, it's not a very quiet line either, because it shows some kind of challenge., for example when someone is provoking you.

Have you seen Games of Throne? When Arya Stark attacks the king of the White Walkers it is a 30.3 situation. Melisandre asks her "What do you say to the god of Death?" and she answers "Not today" and then she goes out and kills the king. It's about not being afraid of death, or loss.

In this perspective, I think that as long as you "answer the call" then you can make a living with music. However you will have to "pick up the gauntlet" in order to be recognized, whatever talent you may have, you will have to show it. So you will have to be very prepared and master your skills if you attempt to go in that field.

Comment

• remthebeat
      remthebeat commented
      Editing a comment
      Wow thank you so much! Loved your answer.

I have another question. How do you interpret those hex? Did you study every line from the book? I'm just curious :P

I have studied from Wilhelm book for 10 years. Then it came to a point I could not make any progress so I took a break for 10 other years. And I came back in 2010 and asked the oracle to give me new comments which I got. My method for learning consists mainly in consulting the I Ching for many various situations. For example I got 30.3.6 for the first scene of David Lynch's Wild at Heart, which I am not going to link because it is ultra violent.

Comment

• remthebeat
      remthebeat commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! You're very wise

thank you so much

• remthebeat
      remthebeat commented
      Editing a comment
      Nice! You're very wise

thank you so much
Working...